These Terms & Conditions form a contract between Golf
Holidays Worldwide Ltd. trading as GHW Golf Tours and you the client. It is
important that you read and understand these conditions and that you are
fully aware of what we are providing under the contract.
book a tour with GHW Golf Tours, your contract is with Golf Holidays
Worldwide Ltd, company number SC354954, with its registered office address at
PO Box 26550, Glasgow, G74 9FZ, Scotland, UK. Your contract is subject to the
following terms and conditions. Please read them carefully as you will be
bound by them.
Although all reasonable efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information (including prices) and images on our website (ghwolftours.com), in our email
newsletters and quotes, and in our promotional material and printed media,
regrettably changes and errors occasionally occur. We will therefore confirm
the details of your chosen golf tour (including the price) at the time of
GHW Golf Tours has taken all care to ensure all published information is accurate however if we
identify an error or omission following publication, we will inform you before
confirming your booking. The revised information will then form part of your
contract. If an error or omission is discovered after your booking is made,
we will always try to advise you prior to your holiday.
||Your Financial Protection
In accordance with “The Package Travel, Package Tours Regulations 1992” all passengers booking with GHW Golf Tours are fully insured for the initial deposit and subsequently the balance of all monies paid to us, including repatriation if required, arising from the cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to the insolvency of GHW Golf Tours.
A non-refundable deposit of 20%-40% must be paid at the time of booking to secure the booking. The required deposit amount is calculated on the requirements of our hotel, golf and transportation partners and will be stated at time of quotation.
UK Bookings: The minimum deposit for all UK bookings is 20% of the total package value. The balance of your booking must be paid no later than 16 weeks before the date your contracted tour commences.
Deposits may vary due to the varying contracts with our accommodation, golf and transportation partners. However, the non-refundable deposit amount will be clearly stated on your quotation in order to secure your booking. Bookings made less than 16 weeks before your date of arrival must be paid in full at the time of booking.
If the final balance is not received by this date, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled, and retain your deposit. In which case you could be liable to pay us cancellation charges of up to 100% of invoice total.
Accepted Forms Of Payment
Bank Transfer (No
- Debit Card (No Service Fee)
- Credit Card (3% Service Fee)
- American Express (3% Service Fee)
Provision Of Your Holiday
GHW Golf Tours will arrange for the provision to you, the services, which form part of the inclusive holiday as confirmed to you. When you ask for your golf tour to be confirmed, a deposit must be paid upon which we will send you a confirmation invoice. That confirmation invoice acts as your acceptance of the booking on the terms of these Booking Conditions and your golf tour is secured from that moment. All golf tours and offers advertised on this website (GHWGolfTours.com) are subject to availability. Please check the confirmation carefully to make sure that all your booking details are correct. Contact your booking agent if your confirmation appears to be incorrect or incomplete and we will endeavor to make the necessary changes.
Booking of travel arrangements and payment thereof shall be considered proof that you have read our booking terms and conditions and that you accept them without reservation as constituting the entire agreement between yourself and Golf Holidays Worldwide Ltd trading as GHW Golf Tours hereafter called GHW Golf Tours. GHW Golf Tours does not own any hotels, golf courses, visitor attractions, car rental companies (herein called "suppliers") whose services you may receive on your holiday. All holiday components sold by GHW Golf Tours are provided by reputable suppliers, which operate in accordance with the standards set down by their own local authorities. Bookings therefore are subject to the terms, conditions and limitations of such suppliers, some of which exclude or limit liability in respect of death, injury, delay, loss or damage to your person and/or effects. Golf Holidays Worldwide recommends that all passengers take out adequate travel insurance cover valid for the entire duration of the holiday.
Changes in Price and Itineraries
Prices quoted are in GBP sterling (except where noted otherwise), and are subject to change without notice. Should there be any increase in the cost to us, caused by currency exchange rate fluctuations, Government action, or changes in air or ferry fares, we will only absorb 5% change. You will be required to meet any increase between 5% and 10%. If we have to increase the price of your holiday by more than 10%, you will have the option of continuing with the holiday arrangements and meeting the extra costs (above 5%) or of cancelling with a credit note of any money you have paid to us, except any charges we have incurred for amendments. If you decide to cancel the holiday, you must do so within seven working days of the issue of the revised Confirmation of Booking Invoice.
Changes to your holiday
It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your arrangements, but as the arrangements are often planned many months in advance, we may occasionally, have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. Most of these changes will be minor and we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date. We also reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements. For example, if the minimum number of clients required for a particular golf tours is not reached, we may have to cancel it. However, we will not cancel your golf tour less than 6 weeks before your departure date, except for reasons of force majeure or failure by you to pay the final balance.
Important Note: If we are forced to cancel an Event ie Tournament or Escorted Tour etc and you have booked separate elements through another supplier other than GHW Golf Tours then we are not liable for these 3rd party costs. We will however offer you alternative accommodation, golf courses etc in the area and refund any balance of monies.
payable for general booking amendments
If you wish to make changes to your booking we will do our best to assist. The cost of making changes to your booking may vary depending on the nature of the change. For changes of a relatively minor nature i.e. name changes, change of hotel within the same destination, golf course or tee time, car hire, the following charges will apply per person for each change made:
More than 30 days prior to departure = £25
30 days or less prior to
departure = £50 *
to golf 30 days or less prior to departure will incur the full loss of the
Where the price varies depending on the number of persons booked and you wish to change the number of persons booked, the price will be recharged on the basis of the new party size as shown in the price given.
A separate Cancellation Charge will be levied in respect of bookings cancelled. A new invoice will be issued as appropriate, on which the Cancellation Charges will be shown.
On some of our self catering accommodation a deposit may be required to be lodged locally and will be returned at the end of your stay providing no breakages occur. While this deposit rule is very seldom applied on any of the properties featured on our website, it remains at the discretion of the local property management to do so.
All relevant travel documentation will be dispatched 10-14 days prior to departure. If your booking is made within 14 days of your departure all relevant documentation will be dispatched immediately upon receipt of full payment. If there is not enough time to post your documents, all relevant documentation will be sent by email.
If you cancel or terminate your holiday you may forfeit the full payment made if balance has been received (Deposits are non refundable). For this reason, GHW Golf Tours strongly recommends that your travel insurance policy includes cover for cancellation charges in the event of cancellation due to illness or other circumstances. This may result in a delay in processing any refund due as we await advice of cancellation charges by airlines, hotels and ground/cruise operators. Bookings made with GHW Golf Tours may incur 100% cancellation fees once bookings are confirmed and paid.
booking to be cancelled in full or part, Golf Holidays Worldwide must receive
written instruction, which will only be valid if signed by the person who
signed the Booking Form. Your written instructions must go to Golf
Holidays Worldwide by email to email@example.com or by
letter to GHW Golf Tours, posted to PO Box 26550, Glasgow,
G74 9FZ, Scotland, UK
To cancel your golf tour at any time, the person/agent who originally booked the holiday must send GHW Golf Tours written notification by letter or email.
Cancellations after the deposit has been paid to GHW Golf Tours will result in loss of all deposit monies paid. To compensate GHW Golf Tours for the expense of processing your booking and for the risk that we may not be able to re-sell the holiday, a cancellation fee will be charged.
113 days prior to arrival: Loss of deposit
0-112 days prior to arrival: 100% cancellation fee
note, the above cancellation charges are not applicable to major events such
as the Ryder Cup.
181 days prior to arrival: Loss of deposit
0-180 days prior to arrival: 100% cancellation fee
No refund is available for cancellations after holiday package has commenced or in respect of any tours, accommodation, meals or any other services not utilised. Please note that employees of any supplier are not authorised by GHW Golf Tours to make any undertakings to a client in respect of refunds or other matters. Please refer to the 'Cancellation Charges’ for further information.
& Document Reissue Fees
Any changes made to your booking after it has been finalised, will attract a amendment fee of £25.00 per booking, in addition to any charges levied by hotels, ground/cruise operators or airlines, will be charged for document reissue. After documents have been issued for bookings, GHW Golf Tours will charge a fee of £25.00 per booking in addition to any charges levied by hotels, ground/cruise operators or airlines. A document reissue is an alteration to an existing booking and not a transfer to another package wherein cancellation fees may apply as well as a reissue fee of £25.00.
If unforeseen circumstances beyond our control require us to make necessary changes to your holiday, we reserve the right to cancel or reschedule departures and itineraries. Where it is necessary to change a hotel GHW Golf Tours reserves the right to substitute accommodation of at least a similar standard.
GHW Golf Tours will not pay compensation if we have to cancel or change your travel arrangements in any way because of war, riot, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances that may amount to force majeure.
Included in the Golf Tour Price
Airfares (unless specified), airport taxes, passport and visa fees, insurance, excess baggage charged by airlines (including golf clubs if relevant airfare does not offer an allowance) laundry, phone calls, beverages, meals not detailed in the itinerary, tips to representatives, coach drivers and local city guides, items of a personal nature, expenses, fees or costs incurred in case of illness, or of refusal of entry, detention in, or expulsion or repatriation from a country or part of a country. GHW Golf Tours are not liable for any expense, costs or loss incurred in relation to such matters. You agree not to hold GHW Golf Tours responsible for any such things.
Check-In & Vehicle Rentals
To guarantee charges for incidental items, suppliers require validation of a current credit card.
Green Fees / Tee Times
When making your booking you will be asked for your requested days of play, courses and preferred tee time. The following will be the procedure:
* Once all the clubs have responded with your tee time ‘actual time’, GHW Golf Tours will send you a confirmation invoice, detailing your golf tour package, showing your tee times.
* Once you have a confirmed ‘actual time’ we reserve the right to charge an ‘amendment fee for any requested changes.
* Cancellation of ‘actual times’ may incur
cancellation charges up to the value of the prepaid green fee, subject to
the cancellation policy of the golf course involved.
* If the Golf Clubs subsequently change your
‘actual time’ for a Club competition etc we will try to ensure a suitable
* Changes to golfing arrangements will not be
considered as ‘Major Changes’.
* Single golfers on courses where buggies are
included are liable to pay an additional charge for the single buggy hire
* Golf Clubs reserve the right to make up
matches to 4 balls.
* Over seeding and hollow-tining can affect
certain courses at certain times. Where possible Golf Holidays Worldwide
endeavour to advise you of maintenance in order for any possible
alternative arrangements to be made (providing we are notified by the
course/courses in question).
* Whilst we endeavour to meet requests for
specific courses, days and times, these are subject to availability and we
cannot guarantee we can meet them. Accordingly requests are not binding on
GHW Golf Tours do not pre-book buggies unless the request is for medical reasons. A blue badge or doctor’s certificate may be required for buggy hire on medical grounds. Clients must pay buggy hire locally.
GHW Golf Tours and the respective golf courses cannot be held responsible for pre-booked caddies. We can only request caddies we cannot guarantee them as in most cases caddies are self-employed. Caddy fees and discretional tips must be paid directly to the caddy upon completion of your round, approximately £50.00 + tip.
GHW Golf Tours cannot be held responsible for the actual playing conditions of the golf courses whether caused by course maintenance or climatic conditions etc. We do request all maintenance schedules from our featured courses and when we are advised we pass this information onto you. Please remember maintenance schedules are subject to change due to weather conditions. Golf course closure due to adverse weather is at the discretion of the golf course and GHW Golf Tours cannot be held responsible.
Etiquette | Handicap Certificates
Knowledge of golf etiquette and the rules of golf are expected by all members of your group. Increasingly courses are introducing and policing handicap limits. In some circumstances certificates must be produced prior to play. We strongly recommend you take a certificate with you regardless as clubs can change their rules. The average expected time for a golf round in Scotland or Ireland is 4 ½ hours.
We cannot accept any responsibility in any ruling by the hotel/golf course if you or any of your group is unable to play due to inappropriate attire. Please check before you travel that your group is aware of appropriate golfing attire.
Times & Spa Appointments
If unforeseen circumstances beyond our control require us to make necessary changes to your tee times and spa appointments, we reserve the right to cancel or reschedule accordingly.
GHW Golf Tours highly recommends you have adequate travel insurance cover for your golf tour.
Visa, Vaccinations, Health Requirements & Baggage
GHW Golf Tours will provide assistance and information regarding the necessary documents required to undertake any programme offered. However, a visa does not guarantee you entry to a country or permission to remain in it and therefore it is the responsibility of the traveller to ensure all of the necessary visas, passports, entry permits, vaccinations and baggage requirements are acquired and conditions stated by any third party are complied with at all times. Some countries may refuse entry because of your health, condition, or other circumstances or for other reasons, or may detain, expel or repatriate you. It is your responsibility to find out about applicable entry and other requirements of overseas countries you are intending to visit. GHW Golf Tours is not responsible for any disruption caused.
You should check with the embassies or consulates or other authorities of the countries in which you intend to travel for any health, entry or visa requirements that are applicable and you should make the appropriate disclosures as required. A failure to disclose a health condition or criminal record may result in the applicable country refusing you entry, or in you being detained, expelled or repatriated from it.
GHW Golf Tours accept no responsibility if you are refused entry into the country/countries of your destination. Golf Holidays Worldwide are not liable for any expenses, costs liabilities or loss incurred in relation to such matters. You agree to not hold GHW Golf Tours responsible for any such matters.
GHW Golf Tours are not responsible for any disclosures of a health condition made by other suppliers who provide services on the holiday or for the acts of any governmental instrumentalities of the countries connected to your holiday.
You are responsible for all visas, entry, health and other requirements and any documents required by laws, regulations, orders and/or requirements of countries visited. GHW Golf Tours are not responsible for passport and visa requirements or for any loss you sustain for failing to comply with laws, regulations, orders and/or requirements of countries visited.
To ensure the safety of all passengers, including you, it may be necessary for GHW Golf Tours to disclose your condition of health to suppliers of other services connected with your holiday. You authorise Golf Holidays Worldwide to make such disclosure on your behalf and agree that a disclosure by GHW Golf Tours shall not amount to a breach of confidence or duty and you will not hold GHW Golf Tours liable in tort (actionable wrong) or in contract or under any anti-discrimination laws.
Throughout your Golf Tour, photography may be taken by your GHW Representative/Representative’s for use on social media, website and publications. Should you have any objections towards this, then you must inform a member of GHW Golf Tours Team prior to or during your tour.
If you have a complaint about your holiday please inform GHW Golf Tours or contact the relevant local supplier. Most matters can be resolved whilst you are in resort. If this is not possible please keep a record of events. In the unlikely event matters cannot be resolved to your satisfaction in resort, please follow up by writing to our Customer Services Department at; GHW Golf Tours, posted to 45-47 James Watt Place, East Kilbride, Glasgow, G74 5HG, Scotland, UK within 28 days of returning from your holiday.
We will not accept liability in respect of claims that we receive after that date. No airline by virtue of being depicted on this website represents itself either as contracting with any purchaser of a holiday from or as having any other legal relationship with such purchaser.
We reserve the right to decline to accept or retain any person as a client if their conduct is disruptive and affecting the enjoyment of other holidaymakers. We shall be under no liability for any extra costs incurred by such a person as a result of our doing so. Aircraft/Ship captains are legally entitled to deny boarding to any passengers presenting themselves at the aircraft who, at the captain’s absolute discretion, are unacceptably under influence of drink or drugs. Any passenger, who is denied boarding on the travel sector flight for that reason, shall be deemed to have given notice of cancellation of their booking at the moment and cancellation charges will apply.
It is your responsibility to comply with the terms, conditions and requirements of any service provider, or any country or governmental authorities, or to bear any costs or losses incurred as a consequence of you not complying with them.
Liability To You
(1) In relation to Tour bookings, GHW Golf Tours promise to make sure that the booking arrangements we have agreed to make perform or provide as applicable as part of our contract with you are made, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. This means that, subject to these booking conditions, we will accept responsibility if, for example, you suffer death or personal injury or your contracted booking arrangements are not provided as promised or prove deficient as a result of the failure of ourselves, our employees, agents or suppliers to use reasonable skill and care in making, performing or providing, as applicable, your contracted booking arrangements and, in the case of your contracted booking arrangements not being provided as promised or proving to be deficient, that this has affected your enjoyment of your golf tour or golf break. Please note it is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used and that your enjoyment of the break has been affected if you wish to make a claim against us. In addition, we will only be responsible for what our employees, agents and suppliers do or do not do if they were at the time acting within the course of their employment (for employees) or carrying out work we had asked them to do (for agents and suppliers).
(2) In relation to Resort bookings, we have a duty to select the accommodation providers with reasonable skill and care, but have no liability to you for the actual provision of the accommodation, except in cases where it is proved that we have breached that duty and damage to you has been caused. Therefore, providing we have selected the provider with reasonable care and skill, we will have no liability to you for anything that happens at the accommodation or any acts or omissions of the provider or others.
(3) In relation to both Resort bookings and Tour bookings, we will not be liable for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following:
- the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party;
- or the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of your booking and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable;
- unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if due care had been exercised; or
- an event of 'force majeure' (as defined on page 4)
(4) We do not accept responsibility or liability for any services which do not form part of our contract with you. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which your hotel or any other supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised on our website or in any of our brochures as being included in the price of your break and we have not agreed to arrange them.
(5) The promises we make to you about the services we have agreed to provide or arrange as part of our contract and the laws and regulations of the country in which your claim or complaint occurred will be used as the basis for deciding whether the services in question were properly provided. If the particular services which gave rise to the claim or complaint complied with local laws and regulations applicable to those services at the time, the services will be treated as having been properly provided. This will be the case even if the services did not comply with the UK laws and regulations that would have applied had those services been provided in the UK. The exception to this is where the claim or complaint concerns the absence of a safety feature, which might lead a reasonable client to refuse to take the break in question.
(6) Our liability, except in cases involving death, injury or illness, shall be limited to a maximum of three times the cost of your booking. In addition, where any claim or part of a claim (including those involving death or personal injury) concerns or is based on any travel arrangements (including the process of getting on and/or off the transport concerned) provided by any sea, rail or road carrier or any stay in a hotel, the maximum amount of compensation we will have to pay you will be limited in accordance with:
(a) the contractual terms of carriage of the companies that provide the transportation for your golf tour or golf break (and such terms are incorporated into this contract).
(b) any applicable international convention, for example, the Athens Convention in respect of travel by sea, the Berne Convention in respect of travel by rail and the Paris Convention in respect of the provision of accommodation, which limits the amount of compensation that you can claim for death, injury, delay to passengers and loss, damage and delay to luggage.
Copies of the contractual terms of the suppliers of your break, holiday or tour and the applicable international conventions are available from us on request.
(7) GHW Golf Tours do not accept any liability for any damage, loss, cost, expense or other sum(s) of any description (a) which, on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our confirming it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you or (b) which did not result from any breach of contract or other fault by ourselves or our employees or, where we are responsible for them, our suppliers. Additionally we do not accept liability for any business losses, including loss of profit.
(8) You must provide us and our insurers with all the assistance that we may reasonably require. You must also tell us and the supplier concerned about your claim or complaint (see clause 8 above). If asked to do so, you must transfer to us or our insurers any rights you have against the supplier or whoever else is responsible for your claim or complaint (if the person concerned is under 18, their parent or guardian must do so). You must also agree to cooperate fully with us and our insurers if we or our insurers want to enforce any rights which are transferred.
In order to process your booking and to ensure that your travel arrangements run smoothly and meet your requirements, we need to use the personal information you provide such as name, address, and any special needs/dietary requirements etc. We take full responsibility for ensuring that proper security measures are in place to protect your information and we will comply with the Data Protection Act 1998. In order to affect your booking we must pass the information on to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements such as hotels, airlines and transport companies. The information may also be provided to security or credit checking companies, credit and debit card companies, regulatory or public authorities such as customs or immigration if required by them, or as required by law. This may involve sending your personal information between different countries, including countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) where controls on data protection may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country. This may also apply to any sensitive information that you give to us such as details of any disabilities or dietary/religious requirements. If we cannot pass your personal information on to the relevant suppliers, whether in the EEA or not, we cannot properly affect your booking. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to our use of that data as specified.
Should you have any concerns about our terms & conditions or your own
information please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org